"God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." William Cowper

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Double Marathon Challenge Update

I normally don't post in the middle of the week, but I couldn't resist. Drum roll please...the second part off my challenge is complete! I have received all feedback from my critique partners and have made the necessary changes to my manuscript. Done. Really. The end. And it only took seven years.

I'm happy with the outcome, but of course that doesn't mean other people will actually think it's good, or that agents will be clawing at me to get their hands on it in two weeks in Indianapolis (haha, don't I wish). Still, I did it. Next up--polishing pitches, proposals, and one-sheets for the conference.

As for the first part of my marathon challenge--the actual marathon, I managed a sixteen-mile run last Saturday in 2 hours, 18 minutes. A little shy of Boston Marathon qualifying pace/time. I'm not discouraged. However, my knees certainly are. I'm going to have to make some changes to my training schedule and set more recovery time between the longer runs.

Okay, whoever's reading this, thanks for reading and sharing in my small victory. God bless! :)

2 comments:

  1. congrats, Heidi! I'm so happy for you, and I look forward to meeting you in two weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melanie! Can't wait to meet you, either!

    ReplyDelete