"God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." William Cowper

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Short and Sweet Friday: The Royal Wedding

I have to admit, I haven't been keeping up with royal wedding details. It's everywhere, but I've tuned it out for the most part. Still, I don't think I'll be able to resist watching at least some of William and Kate's wedding.

Why are so many drawn to this big event? I think it's simply the idea of a happy fairytale ending. We can't help ourselves. Happily ever after is something each one of us crave. I even think it's part of the reason we read stories, part of the reason I love to write them.

Will you be tuning in to get a glimpse of the royal event?

3 comments:

  1. I saw part of it this morning, only because I was up and getting ready for my day. Missed the vows, but saw the dress. :-)

    I hope it will be a fairytale marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watched a good chunck of it. I got emotional watching Scripture being read like that on TV. They made a stunning couple.

    My kids asked if they would fight in there marriage sometimes and I said absolutely. It was the real deal. ;)
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I don't know if anyone has a fairytale marriage. My kids were wowed by the fighter jets flying over the palace!

    ReplyDelete