"God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." William Cowper

Friday, September 9, 2011

Missing Conference

The ACFW Conference is in exactly two weeks and begins on my thirtieth birthday. For that reason alone I assumed I was destined to go.

But it's not to be so.

I'm going to miss seeing the friends I made last year, especially you--Melanie, Melissa, Sarah, Britt, and Karin. I'm going to miss the classes, meeting my favorite authors, and even forging friendships in purgatory (the place where you wait for your appointments).

I can remember the excitement and my heart nearly throbs, and I wonder if the right decision has been made. Then I turn to God and find His peace. His Will be done.

For all who are going, may God bless you and your writing. I'll be praying for you. Sarah, if you happen to read this, I'll be watching your acceptance speech from home!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so going to miss you too! It makes me sad thinking about it:( But, I pray our paths will cross again in the future! In the meantime, let's keep writing.

    Love,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete