"God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." William Cowper

Friday, December 9, 2011

Short and Sweet Friday: IMMANUEL

Did you know that the different names given to Jesus reveal important insights about his life and ministry? I'm reading Ann Spangler's Praying the Names of Jesus and I can't help but want to share a small portion of the blessing it has been to me. I've decided to set aside Fridays to go over each individual name and highlight what I've learned during the week.

The first name is IMMANUEL, one we hear a lot during the Christmas season because of its awesome meaning, "God with us."

Ann writes "When our sins made it impossible for us to come to him, God took the outrageous step of coming to us....in Jesus we see how extreme God's love is."

How amazing is it that the Creator of the universe desires to be with his people--to be with you! May this truth bless you today and in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Heidi. I tend to forget what this word really means, so I'm grateful for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete