"God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." William Cowper

Friday, January 13, 2012

Short and Sweet Friday: BREAD OF LIFE

Ever since I was little, I loved bread. There's nothing like a warm, soft, buttery roll to send my appetite a spinnin'. But as I studied this week's name for Jesus, I asked myself this question: how hungry am I for God? 

Jesus implored His followers to invest in food that doesn't spoil--in Him. Ann Spangler says that "Jesus wanted to do far more than feed bodies that were soon to perish. He wanted to nourish souls that could live forever."

So while I tend to get caught up in the world's cheap bread--comfort, pleasure, the latest electronic gizmo, even that tempting Bertucci's roll fresh from the oven--may I have the faith to kick them all to the curb in favor of the finest bread God has to offer me: the Bread of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment