"God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." William Cowper

Friday, February 17, 2012

Short and Sweet Friday: PRINCE OF PEACE

This week, Ann Spangler walked me through some scriptures regarding Jesus as our ultimate peace.

Ann writes, "Peace is meant to be a shield, guarding us against the onslaught of anxiety and fear that stands ready to attack our faith and erode our confidence in God."

This peace is independent of our circumstances. In fact, one of the themes of my current manuscript centers on intimacy and peace with God in the midst of suffering. Yet this doesn't always come easy, especially in real life. When I find that I'm putting other things, other desires, before God, I am almost always robbed of true peace. That's when I need to remember and rest in this fact: Jesus does not want to just grant my deepest wish, he wants to become my deepest wish...my deepest peace.


4 comments:

  1. "This peace is independent of our circumstances."

    I love this sentence, Heidi. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this sentence, too. Thanks for stopping by, Sarah!

      Delete
  2. Heidi, enjoying your blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete