"God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." William Cowper

Friday, March 30, 2012

Short and Sweet Friday: LION OF JUDAH


An image of Aslan from the Chronicles of Narnia pops into my head whenever I think of Jesus as a lion. Aslan is not only powerful and just, He is gentle and full of love.

Think for a moment how surprising God is. Ann Spangler writes, “Who could have imagined God on a cross, who is a King and Servant, a Lion and a Lamb, a God whose justice is trumped by his mercy? Aren’t you glad that God’s ways are not your ways and that his thoughts are as far above yours as the heavens are above the earth?”

I sure am.

May you feel His mighty arms around you this week. May His fierce protection and gentle love find you in every situation and every minute of your day.



2 comments:

  1. What a neat image. For some reason, I never paralleled Aslan with the Lion of Judah before. I mean, I knew he was a representation of God, but I hadn't thought about the lion aspect specifically. :) Thanks for sharing, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying these posts on the names of Jesus. Thanks, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete