"God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." William Cowper

Friday, March 9, 2012

Short and Sweet Friday: THE WORD

As a fierce lover of words, I have to admit that this name of Jesus is one of my favorites. Ann Spangler writes that "everything about Jesus--his teaching, miracles, suffering, death, and resurrection--speaks to us of God." How amazing is that? Even more awesome is that all of it is right at our fingertips, in the Bible.

Yet how often do I take this Book for granted? I skim my favorite verses for comfort and peace instead of diving in and tackling those harder passages. They should not be ignored. Each and every scripture is God-breathed. Every one points to God's amazing plan and to His Son, Jesus.

During times when I am weak, I need to remember that He is strong. He is not only the Word, but He is my Great Intercessor.

"Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us" (Romans 8:34).

Praying this truth speaks to you today and the days to come!


photo credit: flickr

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved that word interceding. Maybe because it communicates so much--so much that I couldn't even try to communicate.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that word too, Wendy. It's so full of assurance.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete