"God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." William Cowper

Friday, April 13, 2012

Short and Sweet Friday: LORD


Lord. A power higher than any other. The Ultimate, Eternal, Never-ending Almighty. This week, I and many others are grieving the death of a member of our church family. As we go through this time, I am comforted by the fact that Jesus is Lord over both life and death.

Ann Spangler writes, “Think over the last week. How well did you do at letting Jesus be Lord of all your days? Were you primarily looking out for his interests or for your own?”

I admit that I’m often weak in this area. But I pray for the faith to know that where I am weak, He is strong. I’m choosing to trust God to give me the grace to relinquish my own will, my own agenda, my own need for control all to Him. Because He is Lord, the Almighty. And not only that, my Lord, my powerful Creator, loves little old me. I pray this fact embeds itself in your heart this day, and forevermore.

Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your grieving, Heidi.

    Thanks for this reminder of what the word Lord really means...I tend to use it without contemplating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning to let go so I can see things more clearly and surrender my will to His.

    Hoping you have some treasured memories of the individual your church lost.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about the member of your church family. We can only understand and feel peace about these things if we place our trust in God.

    I'm struggling with that this week, but I'm praying I will find a balance soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your condolences. Praying for you, Cindy this week. We all struggle with that now and then.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete