"God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." William Cowper

Friday, June 8, 2012

Short and Sweet Friday: Bittersweet Summer

I've just come in from putting the kids on the school bus for their last Friday of kindergarten and first grade. The house is SILENT. There's many things I won't miss about school days--the morning rush, the homework prodding, the anxiety at seeing my boys off each morning for an entire day without me. 


But I will miss this. That first glimpse of morning silence. Peace. Long uninterrupted time to write and spend time with God. Oh, it will still happen, just not so frequently and not without a bit of effort. (That is, getting up before the sun rises!)


Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to more time with my boys. The lazy days. The vacation days. The beach days. The-lay-under-a-tree-with-a-child-on-each-side-of-me-and-read-all-afternoon days.


What will you miss when summer's here? What do you look forward to?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE summer vacation! I do miss the long hours of guilt-free writing time, but I fit writing in my mornings. (My kids are a little older and sleep in. It's a beautiful thing!)

    There's something so lovely about hanging out in my yoga pants instead of rushing off to drop them at school! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the relaxed mornings, and looking forward to the days when my kids sleep in a bit.

      Thanks for stopping by, Jill!

      Delete
  2. Ha! Unfortunately, my summers aren't much different than the rest of the year, since I work full time and don't have kids. But man, do I miss summer vacation. I'm jealous of all my teacher friends who get summers off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay, there is something fun about watching the kids get so excited for summer. Kind of like reliving my youth... ;)

      Thanks for commenting, Lindsay. Have a great weekend!

      Delete