"God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform..." William Cowper

Monday, October 29, 2012

50,000 Words (and other Random Things)


I’ve never done writing quite like this, but I’ve decided to give it a go. 

The goal is to write 50,000 words in the month of November and I’m up for the challenge! I’ve been busy planning out my story and I’m excited to dive into writing.

Follow the links below to find out more!

In order to focus my attention on this challenge, I’ll be taking a blogging break (except for an occasional progress check) for the month of November.

Other random and crazy things happening in my house:

Bracing for Hurricane Sandy (no school today for the kiddos), Cub Scouts, basketball, make-your-own football uniforms, search for the perfect Poodle Pup for a surprise Christmas present for the boys, search for a part-time job, parties, praying, and hikes in the leaves.

What’s some random and crazy things going on in your house lately?

Have you ever tried a writing challenge? Do you have any helpful hints?

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, best wishes on your NaNo-ing! I'm doing my own version of NaNoWriMo this month as I finish one draft and work on edits from my publisher on another. :) My tip would be to check out MBT WriMo...and I think you included that link above. It's a really cool add-on to NaNo with awesome daily help and sweet contests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm excited to participate in both, Melissa! Good luck with your own NaNo!

      Delete
  2. Go get 'em with NaNo! And we're out of school too. Stay safe!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing Nano for the first time this year, too! I feel like everything crazy is happening next month, though. Babysitting, Thanksgiving, birthday.... Yeah, well, I guess I will be thankful for however much I write.

    What is your Nano profile?

    I miss you and love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Cadi, love you tons and miss you too! I added you as a buddy--yeah!

      And I totally understand about everything crazy. I'm shooting for about 2500 words for 20 non-busy days. Hopefully I will be able to handle that. ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow, you've got a lot going on, girl!! You go!! You can do it! :)

    I did Nano last year and it helped me finish my first draft. This year, I'm not doing it officially but still trying to finish my first draft of my current book by the end of November.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No NaNo for me, but I am working on two writing projects in November, so I hope I get close to 50 K total on them. Stay safe with the weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. Good luck with your own 50,000 words!

      Delete
  6. Heidi, I hope you survived the madness that was Sandy! And good luck on your goal...How fun! You'll be missed here.

    ReplyDelete